Saturday, November 16, 2013

Journey on Relaxation

Recently I have had a lot of dental work done, I'm trying to rid my mouth of the amalgam fillings to be replaced with composites - getting rid of all the mercury! Well, needless to say, my mouth feels violated! My jaw is extremely tense and my tongue is hurting because the dentist accidentally nicked my tongue. So, when I listed to the "Journey on Relaxation" I chose to relax my jaw by directing the blood flow to that area. The experience was very relaxing. Prior to this meditation exercise my tongue was hurting and feeling inflamed. After the meditation my tongue felt great and my jaw is more relaxed. Wouldn't it be wonderful if dentists had their patients listen to meditation tracks while doing dental work? I think it would be wonderful. In fact, next time I have dental work done (which I hope won't be for a very long time) I am going to take my MP3 player with some meditation tracks on it and listen to them the entire time! Here's to relaxation and meditation! May it bring peace and harmony into our lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kathleen,

    I really hope your jaw is feeling better. I can imagine how much pain you were in. I liked the clip but found that I was easily distracted. I guess that might have been because I was doing so many things at the same time..I like your idea about uploading some meditation tracks so whenever I get a break I can listen to them!! Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen,

    First I want to mention that I found your blog title very creative, with the use of alliteration! I like it! (I had such a hard time trying to figure out a name for my blog...I think it took me a half hour and I don't even know how many names I tried before I found one that was available!)
    Yes, going to the dentist is never fun! Especially when there is a lot of work to be done, AND you had a little mishap. I hope your mouth is feeling better. I can't stand when my mouth hurts. It's amazing because you don't realize how much you use it everyday. You talk, sing, eat, put on chapstick, and make faces, etc. And when you have dental work done, your are especially sensitive to hot and cold foods/beverages. I am always eager for the time to pass and get the normal sensations back!
    My poor husband had a recent mishap with his mouth recently too. He was building a trailer (he fabricates things) and the angle grinder kicked back and cut his nose, mouth, and chin. It took the whole inside of his upper lip off! He cut off that little piece of skin that connects your upper lip to your gums...yeah...so they had to call in a plastics team. So needless to say, for the past week, I have been catering to his needs. And it is a little hard to prepare foods that he can eat without burning himself or making a mess! But he is doing progressively well.
    Talk to you next week!
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kathleen,
    That's interesting. Listening to meditation music while at the dentist. It might work, to a point. For me, it wouldn't, I'm sure. I'm too easily distracted. Fortunately, that's all behind me, now that I have dentures. :o)

    ReplyDelete