Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dinner for six

Last night I went to a neighbor’s house who was hosting a dinner for single people in her church. My friend, Connie, invited me to go since I don’t go to their church and didn’t even know about the dinner. At first I was reluctant to agree to go but I decided I could finish my schooling on Saturday. I’m really glad I went. It’s been a long time since I have been around adults only. After twenty five years of parenting (which I a still have another six years to go), it was nice to be me, an individual. I do not consider where I work to be an adult environment because the majority of the women act like ten year olds. So last night was quite refreshing. This group is being started in the hopes that we can come up with some activities to be shared with each other. So far we are planning to go mountain biking in North Carolina followed up with a visit to the hot springs. Now that sounds like fun to me. I can’t wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment