Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reassessing

Looking back to unit 3 my life is definitely different and I am able to focus on other areas of my integral health. I was hyper focused on family due to necessity back in unit 3. Now I am able to focus more on myself and bring some balance back to my life. One way I am doing this is by going into work a bit early so that I can sit and do a body cleanse for a half hour at least once a week. During the body cleanse I bring a book, sit in silence and read. It is a very healing time for me. Spiritually not much has changed because I feel very balanced in this area. I suppose the one thing that I have started doing which could be considered spiritual is keeping a journal. I don't write in it everyday but at least I have spent time writing in my journal. My intention is to write in it more frequently. Physically I have reassessed myself and I am doing much better. I am taking the time to stretch and rebound in the morning before I go to work. Weather and time permitting I also go to the track next door and walk 1 or 2 miles. It feels so good to be exercising again. Nothing has been difficult for me during this class in terms of my experience. Since I am not hard on myself and realize that I can only do that which I am capable of I find that I don't focus on the negative but only the positive. This has been very healing because when you focus on the positive you get positive results. This class has been my favorite of all classes in my Kaplan experience. I feel that this class has helped me the most to figure out my career path. Integral health is such an important part of our life. In fact it is our life. I have enjoyed this class and the interactions with all my classmates and Professor Maule. I only want the best for all of you and myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,

    That is great that you have taken the time to focus more on yourself instead of just on everyone else. I feel that a lot of people think it's selfish to focus on themselves, so they always put others first. Putting others first is a great thing, don't get me wrong, but you have to make sure that you put yourself first before putting them first, if that makes any sense. You can't help anyone else if you are feeling depressed, anxious, sad, or any other negative emotions. Anyways, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen!
    I am glad that you have experienced some calming in your life and are able to focus more on yourself. This is something that I have struggled with for some time, but for the first time, I feel that not only is it "ok" to take time for myself, it is crucial to my overall health! I think one thing this course has really opened my eyes to is the fact that I matter too - my thoughts, feelings, and actions...not just those of others. I believe that by using the tools I have learned in this class and from my classmates and their experiences that I will become a better person, and practitioner. Thank you for all of your contributions and I wish you the best of luck! Miranda

    ReplyDelete